Need help: importing picts to imovie...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Cognac, May 18, 2007.

1. Cognac macrumors newbie

I've been using imovie and fc for a while...
    I just got my nikon d80 and shoot with raw.

here's my work flow...

import original images to aperture and edit few things convert to jpeg then open in photoshop for additional stuff and drop them into iphoto then open images in imovie.

this is my problem.
    i shoot with d80 today for the first time. i did what i used to do...(list above)...when i bring images on timeline(in imovie), images on preview(kern effect) and images on timeline looked different.(quality)

i tried many different format(psd., tiff., etc...) and still same result.

original file size was about 3mb and once it's on the timeline it shows as 117kb(in trash) no matter how big the file was.

am i missing something here?:confused: original picture quality is very detailed(same as preview on imovie) but once you palce them on timeline.....horrible.

can someone please help me with the problem where to fix?:)

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

The problem is that iMovie is making a video (yes- obvious, I know). What that means is that your 10.2 megapixel image will need to be down- sampled to 480 X 640, when you're making an SD film. If you're doing HD, the most iMovie can do is make that 480 pixes into 720 pixels. There really is no solution- it's just the nature of video. I think you might be able to get a little more detail if you're making a slideshow for someone's computer- displays typically have higher resolutions. You should be able to do that from Aperture or iPhoto.