need help in deciding to order

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skcrane, Jun 18, 2012.

1. skcrane macrumors member

I currently have an imac that has 130gb on it looking to update it to the macbook pro retina looking at either the 256 or 512gb option. I am primarily a typical user mostly music, some games, and some photography use mostly iphoto but some photoshop. Do you think it is worth the 512gb option to future proof or just use an external drive or time capsule if needed for additional space. I know this has been asked alot but is it worth 16gb even though I have 4gb now and 8gb seems like alot right now but does it make sense to go with 16gb to future proof machine if there is such a thing. It looks like most people are going mostly with the base machines and maybe 16gb ram unless you are a heavier user. thanks for the help

2. Scuba2do macrumors newbie

I went with 500 gig hard drive and the 16gigs of ram. It was a little much to bite but I don't regret it. I also do photography as a hobby and will plan on using this notebook more than my iMac. I can't believe the form factor of this unit. The notebook doesn't look upgradeable in the near future and the sad drive price isn't that much different than if you were buying a 3rd party drive. Maybe I could have gotten by with the base model but I figure I am on a 4 or 5 year cycle. Do what you think is right but get the macbook.