Need help in making a purchase tonight!- RESOLVED!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by eckthroi, Sep 6, 2011.

1. eckthroi, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

eckthroi macrumors regular

Hello I am in an emergency situation. I just had my hours changed in my workplace which is causing me to miss half of one of my classes- this will result in 45 minutes missed twice a week. I got approval to leave a voice recorder so as not to miss lecture material however I dont know what voice recorders are compatible with lion. I am looking online but am coming up short on this topic. Can someone with experience in this please refer me as what to buy. I need to buy the recorder tonight. Thank you for any help anyone can give.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

I don't know anything specific about voice recorders, but I'd think anything which records in MP3 format to a microSD card would work fine -- then either put the microSD card into any of the various microSD to USB port adapters to read the files into your Air.

Try searching on google for "voice recorder mp3 sd card"

3. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

4. iphonsteve4ajob macrumors regular

Though I can't speak for every recorder and how Lion will recognize it once you plug it into the USB port. I do know that with voice recorders a lot of buyers are particular about the primary file type it records to. Many record to WMV, which you could use VLC or another utility to play. Others to MP3 and PCM (really high quality format).

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-WS-600S-Digital-Recorder-142610/dp/B000NM8DI6/ref=pd_sim_e_5

This is the one I had planned to purchase. Mac compatible, records to MP3, and has a pop out USB plug.

5. eckthroi, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011

eckthroi thread starter macrumors regular

I was looking at that one- I called olympus support and they said the newest ones the dm-620 and the ls-7 would support lion even though it was not indicated on the website- I am just wondering if I need these ones or if something more simple like the one you mentioned would actually work.

6. eckthroi thread starter macrumors regular

Ok - got the dm-620
    with this model I was able to contact customer support for a link to a downloadable software for the recorder. Works fine- Thanks for the help