Need help in purchasing a Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by syd8in, Oct 28, 2007.

1. syd8in macrumors newbie

Hi folks,
    I am very new to the world of Apple and Mac...I have decided to go for a MacBook, but am not able to decide between a MacBook and a MacBook Pro...Please help me to decide between the two....

Also, I reside in India and since buying a Mac here would really be expensive(around $4000+), I have asked a friend from the US to bring it for me....Thus, I have a few questions in this regard:

1) Is a new model of MacBook or MBP expected any time soon? Should i wait for it if it is expected any time soon? My usage is restricted to Mails, Photos, Documents(work),Movies,Music and some Gaming..No heavy duty stuff!!

2) Will there be any XMAS discounts available in the months of Nov/Dec? If so, by when should I ask my friend to buy it so that Iam able to avail the discounts?

3) Will an updated version of Leopard be released soon(after correction of all flaws,if any at all)??

Please help me with the above ...Hoping for a reply soon...Thanks.

2. Telefonkiosk macrumors member

1) The new macbook revision is expected whitin the week. Rumors point to a release either tomorrow or latest next tuesday.

2) Black Friday round Thanksgiving usually have some great discounts.

3) Must certain will leopard be updated regulary to fix errors that might pop up.

3. syd8in thread starter macrumors newbie