Need help in "swapping" 2 Apple Watches

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tobasco27, Apr 3, 2018.

1. tobasco27 macrumors member

I know this is crazy, and I really don't know how it happened, but for some reason I setup my wife's Apple Watch on my iphone and mine on hers. So we basically have each others watches. No biggie if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted the 42mm and she the 38mm - again, can't figure out how that happened. Crazy - my bad. (I told her to get a different color! Ha!)

My question is whether there's an easy way to make the swap of data short of setting back to factory settings and starting all over? Any suggestions on how to do it?

2. E3BK macrumors 68030

E3BK

When you unpair the watches, it will create a backup of that watch. Once they are unpaired, you can pair them to the correct devices and you can restore from backup. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204518

3. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

^^^^ this. Not a big deal.
    A lot easier than swapping arms

4. axantas, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

axantas macrumors regular

axantas

I did just that with two watches and two phones. Unpair them - remember the name of the watches - and pair them again on the other phone. Done.
    The unpairing takes quite a while - be patient, WAIT until the watch shuts down!
    There is no progress indicator - if you think, they are stuck, they are NOT. Just wait.

5. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

^ Exactly, I always think something went wrong, then all set.