NEED HELP in Transferring site from iWeb...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by junker, Sep 6, 2009.

1. junker macrumors 6502

junker

I am closing my account with .me /.mac and I'm afraid that I will lose my wedding site! We allowed people to upload their own pictures to the site, I loaded about 20 of our pics, and many others have uploaded another 150+!

When I open iWeb it just shows the site I built with our pictures and I've been hesitant to update for fear of losing the picstures that others have uploaded to .mac/.me.

So, how do I transfer these (pics / the whole site) from there to my new domain? Or better yet save them as a back up on my hard drive?

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is real obvious and covered elsewhere!

2. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

ARGH! Really? No one has any ideas?!? PLEASE - I could use a little advice here!

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

4. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Thanks Angelwatt... unfortunately, this issue isn't directly addressed on that Mac page.

<rant>It's really frustrating that Apple would allow you to make a page that allows viewers to upload their pictures and not give you a way of even backing up that particular site much less allow us to move it to another domain. :( </rant>

Thanks and I'll maybe move this to another forum! That's a good idea - but I'll give this a few days more.

5. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

If it comes down to it, you can also manually save off all of those images by right-clicking on them and choosing to save. It might be a bit painful that way, especially if there's a lot of them, but would at least be an option. I save images that way all the time off the web. You can also drag the image from the browser window into a Finder window to make it a little easier.

6. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

Yeah, I had thought about that as the final option, but ugh - 200+ pics. I would need a script probably...

I've recently posted to the Apple website forum and am going to wait and see if theres any comment there. it really is surprising this hasn't been run across before. Maybe I'm not Googling in the correct syntax :)

Thanks again

7. junker thread starter macrumors 6502

junker

ok...I feel a little dumb - but I think I figured it out.

Basically on the top of the page, I allowed for not only upload but download. I had never downloaded as I thought that was per image. Well I clicked it -thinking that I could multi-select a few and do as you had suggested (drag to the finder - or at least save a few at a time to the finder). Well, as it happens - it zipped them all up (I'm assuming this based on the 337MB size) and I'm downloading it right now!

I have no problems with having to re-setup the site - but I needed the user supplied content! All seems well!

And you were right - I could drag a pic into the finder - the downside was that it was a optimized version...so it was pretty low quality.

Anyway, Thanks and I'll report back if this turns ugly somehow!

8. Londailey macrumors newbie

Go to your iDisk on Mobile Me

The uploaded pictures from your friends should be on your iDisk/web/sites/your site. Download these files.