Need help installing mac os x leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bluestar14, Jul 9, 2009.

1. bluestar14 macrumors newbie

bluestar14

I followed a guide on mac rumors on how to make leopard work on a G4, before burning, i deleted some language packs so it would be small enough for a SL dvd, then, i burned it, then i started remote install mac os x on my pc(windows7), when i inserted the burned dvd, it came right back out, Ithought maybe its because windows 7 is rejecting it, so i installed fedora 11, i popped the dvd in, and it STILL ejected, is this a faulty dvd drive or.....what else could it be???:confused:

2. bluestar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

bluestar14

Add on

Ok, well maybe I left out some important parts, 1. my iMac G4 has only a CD drive, so i burned it in windows, but then it came out to be a blank disk. A friend told me that its because you have to burn dmgs in disk utility. Well, i know that one way to solve this this to restore the dmg to a hard drive, but is there anyway to do this on my PC's extra hard drive? (i don't want to get a external dvd drive, or hard drive)Also, restore won't work in disk utility, it asks for password, then its says "authentication required" but it worked before...:(:confused:

3. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

Find a friend or anybody near you who has a mac and use the remote install feature or target disk mode. Target disk is probably your best bet. Plug a firewire cable between the two computers and start yours up holding down the T key. This will mount it's hard drive on the other computer so you can install OS X on it. Just make sure when you go to install you choose YOUR hard drive and not that of the host computer, because it will erase and install over all data on the hard drive you choose!

4. bluestar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

bluestar14

i know this is a really old thread, but i tried that, and it said: "OS X cannot be mounted on this volume"(i had wiped the HD with Disk Utility) and before i wiped it, it said, not enough space on volume...

5. Ravernomina macrumors member

Their are Pirate sites with this DVD made (leopard for G4). And Because u already own Leopard its Legal... Download it and install easy as that :)

6. bluestar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

bluestar14

could u direct me to that link?
    P.S. how could u extract it to an ext. HD using linux or windows?(and boot from it)

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Giving links to pirated software is way against forum rules.

8. bluestar14 thread starter macrumors newbie

bluestar14