Need help installing windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PBUSER, Aug 30, 2011.

1. PBUSER macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I could really use some help installing windows 7 on my new 2011 Macbook Air. I've been trying to accomplish this using bootcamp and the external super drive and it just doesn't seem to work!

Here is what I have been doing...I start up bootcamp and where it gives the three check boxes I have been unchecking the first because I have the Windows 7 disk. Then I click next and download the windows 7 drivers and burn them to a CD. Then I partition the drive for windows and click next. The computer restarts and opens windows installer. I go through all the steps and windows installs with the final screen of installation being "your desktop is being created." Once the desktop shows up for a few seconds the screen goes to the message "windows is shutting down" then the computer restarts with a black screen and blinking white cursor. Then the screen turns white and goes back to the black screen with blinking white cursor. This keeps repeating until I hold down the option key and boot back into Mac OS.

I have tried removing the partition in bootcamp and starting again about 3 times now and it keeps doing the same thing. What am I doing wrong????

I could really use the expertise of the members on this forum. Please help!!!

2. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

I don't have a answer for you, but stop reinstalling until you do have a answer (it's not good for your SSD).

3. pizzafordinna macrumors member

It seems like you have a corrupt Windows 7 CD. I spent dozens of hours trying to troubleshoot bootcamp when it was just my CD that was corrupt.

You can use the support number inside your Windows 7 case to contact Microsoft. They'll see if the problem is one that has popped up before and if they decide that your CD is corrupt they'll mail you a replacement for free :).

Hint: If your trying to install the 64bit you could always try the 32 bit CD and see if you're having the same problem. that would mean that the CD's are okay and bootcamp is the problem. if the other CD installs correctly, it means the one that you want to use is corrupt.