Need help installing Windows 8.1 on the latest 2014 15" MBPr

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by storygk, Aug 8, 2014.

1. storygk macrumors newbie

First of all, I must say that i'm new to macbook things only use iPhone and iPad in the past and English is not my native language, so forgive me for my poor English

My MBPr Specs:

OS X: 10.9.4
    Processor: 2.5 GHz i7
    RAM: 16 GB
    HDD: 512 SSD

and I am trying to install Windows 8.1 Pro for my MBPr but there are some problems keep showing up, first I try by using bootable USB made by Boot Camp Assistant and problem show up when I have to select the partition to install windows saying that it is GPT style, so I cant install on that partition.

and then I try to create Partition manually by using Disk utility and install window through Bios, which look exactly like when I install window on other PC. with this time I can choose the partition to install but when installing through 3-4 step, there's an error message said something about boot configuration and my process won't save and will cancel the process.

So, I need help with this installing step, and any help would pretty much appreciate and thanks in advance :D

2. storygk, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

storygk thread starter macrumors newbie

Still looking for help :D

EDIT: Successfully install windows 8.1 on my MBPr using this method

Thanks !!!

3. unfrostedpoptar macrumors regular

I haven't tried bootcamp but it was very simple to set up (and use) 8.1 under Parallels (http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/). Unless you have a specific application / need for booting the rMBP into Windows, Parallels is much easier and lets you run Mac apps and Windows apps at the same time.

4. storygk thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I have read about that and someone said that if I use parallel then it will divide the macbook's resources like ram, cpu, gpu, etc. in half. which im not yet sure but i think bootcamp is better for me tho

but thanks anyway, I figured it out how to and already done install windows 8 on my macbook