Need help installing windows on imac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Bigj080808, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Bigj080808 macrumors newbie

I want to install windows vista on to my 2009 imac 24" i have tryed using boot camp but that wont download windows software so iv tryed using disc utillity to partion the harddrive but wen i reboot keep hold of Alt with vista in the drive it says i can only do a custom install but none ov the partions are ntfs so i cant install it plus i dont have a mac instalation disc
    And im new to macs

Cheers josh

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

At that point of the installation, you will see all your disk partitions in a list and at the bottom will be options which will allow you to format the selected partition. Be sure the correct one is selected! After format, you can proceed with the installation.

3. Bigj080808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iv tryed that and it says "failed to format the selected partion Error 0x80004005

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You are not very clear in your first post, for instance, did you partition the drive in OS X and if so how, how many partitions do you have now, a screenshot of Disk Utility would be helpful.

I think you didn't do any partitioning and that's why you get that error.
    partitioning in Disk Utility is non destructive if you do it from the boot drive.

5. Bigj080808 thread starter macrumors newbie

Iv got it sorted now pal