Need help installing windows program.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mlynch, Dec 31, 2011.

1. mlynch macrumors newbie

Would there be a pc only program that would not install using Parallels? If so should it install properly if you did it in boot camp????

I am trying to install a pc program I use for work. It is not Mac compatible. I only have Windows set up in Parallels. When I try to install the program I get an error that says InstallationMngr.exe is not working properly.

I did a search in Windows and it is saying "required parameters were not passed along to the installation manager".

The program in a mortgage software called Encompass360 by Ellie Mae, Inc.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Does the version of Windows you have installed under Parallels conform to the software's System Requirements?

B

3. simsaladimbamba

Do you have the "Broker" or "Banker" edition?
    What Windows version do you use and what specifications (CPU, RAM, HDD) have you given it?
    Is it the client or server version of Encompass360 you want to install?

4. mlynch thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed with Parallels. This does meet the installation requirements of the software.

We use Bankers addition. Not sure on the spec (I don't know a lot about computers, etc). All I know is the software says it's 100% cloud based but yet you have to install it to your computer and I do this by clicking a link that was emailed to my Outlook. There are no disks.

When I click run a windows appears with 6 of 7 items. It shows installed for the first two but then stops and gives me the error message.

I do know that the software company for Encompass says it is not "optimized for Mac and recommend using a Windows PC only". But everyone I talked to about Macs tells me if I have Windows 7 loaded essentially I have a Windows PC and it should work.

Thanks for any help.

----------

I have a new Macbook Pro 13" with 8gb ram and 320 hd with 2.3 I5 processor. I didn't set up the Parallels but from what I see it has 4 gb ram and 50 hd.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

That is correct, but as sim asked you may not be giving the Windows PC (virtual) enough of your Macs' resources to meet the system requirements.

I'm a VMWare user so I don't know where to tell you to look for those settings in Parallels.

EDIT: Looks like you found them. Should not be an issue.

B

6. mlynch thread starter macrumors newbie

I did install this software with no issues in about 30 seconds on my Dell laptop but want to retire that machine as I just got this Macbook Pro.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Is there possibly a VPN/firewall issue that might be solved on your Dell that isn't on your Mac?

B