Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Quick question, I am at the screen (windows install disk) where you select what partition you want to install XP on. For some reason, it is only showing 1 partition, the C: drive, and I know this is not where I want to install xp on, because it is the Mac OSX. I set aside a 15gb partition, and that is not listed in the partition selector. Only thing that is showing is the C: drive and thats close to 200gb. What can I do?

by the way, I am on page 12 of the apple guide for bootcamp, thanks :apple:

Here is a picture of what I see during the install

askywalker

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2007
I am a Mac noob, but just went through this yesterday. I could have sworn I selected the C: partition - I don't think the Mac labels it's partition 'C'.

Good luck with it. I am amazed how well Windows is running on my MBP 2.4 GHZ. Though I am already craving more than the 2 GB cause I am enjoying Fusion and the Mac apps so much.

Hoping someone else will answer more definitively for you.. Good luck with it.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
did you format the partition with bootcamp installer? or did you format it yourself? it should show up, if it doesnt, is say that it didnt format for some reason

all partitions should show in the installer, regardless of their format. the OSX partitions will show their size, but will say that theyre been unformatted.

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I made the partition in the bootcamp installer. However when I reboot with the windows disc in to install, and get to the partitiion screen, it only shows 1 huge partition instead of the 2 I should be seeing.:confused:

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Problem solved. The reason I was having the problem is because my copy of XP wasn't with service pack 2. Once I got a copy with SP2, everything installed normally. :apple:

djearlybird

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Only using it for my cell phone software to upload music/download pictures. Despite the negative reviews on the glossy screen, I freakin love it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.