need help!! iPhone 3G shows a blank screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ahdhulla, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ahdhulla macrumors member

Hi, everyone.

i bought an iPhone 3G from a friend and it shows a blank screen. but when i slide to unlock i can here the click sound and when i connect it to iTunes it detects and work fine. can sync and back up.

iTunes shows its firmware as 4.1 so it seems like the base band would be changed to iPad base band (but not sure).

I am not using an official carrier and it needs to be unlocked. now it is unlocked using ultrasn0w (my friend told me).

Actually what I wanted is to recover the iPhone without losing any data. My friend request me that he needs the contacts in it.

Is it possible to recover or make it workable without installing iOS or if i have to, do i have to downgrade it to 3.1.3 or any other solutions. I know its simple for the devs out there. So pls help me on this.

thanks in advance.

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Base on your information above, the phone is working fine except LCD is not lighting up. So, there are 2 probable problems with this phone.

1. LCD is bad.
    2. LCD connection from LCD to the logic board somehow disconnected.

You can do a hard reboot of the phone and see if it fix the problem. Otherwise, open it up and see if the connection is loose. Once you've done these and they not solving your problem, then the LCD on your phone is bad.

3. ahdhulla thread starter macrumors member

I dont know about the LCD but i have fixed the cable #3 and now it shows white screen