Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPhone NEED HELP!!! iPhone Jailbreak problem

hunt3728

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Hi. i jailbroke my iphone 4 verizon about 5 months ago with redsn0w. i used redsn0w 0.9.8b4 (im not sure im guessing) and downloaded the ipsw for my phone (ios 5.1 iphone 4 verizon cdma). i was fine, when my phone would turn off i would just hook it up and boot until the ipsw and redsn0w got deleted somehow (IDK How). i downloaded redsn0w 0.9.10b6 and the ipsw for my phone and tried to boot tethered. i did the whole process with the power button and homebutton thing and it started to work (it recognized my phone) but then after 2 seconds it said INTERNAL ERROR. i treid it several times and dont know what to do. please help!!!!!

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Hi. i jailbroke my iphone 4 verizon about 5 months ago with redsn0w. i used redsn0w 0.9.8b4 (im not sure im guessing) and downloaded the ipsw for my phone (ios 5.1 iphone 4 verizon cdma). i was fine, when my phone would turn off i would just hook it up and boot until the ipsw and redsn0w got deleted somehow (IDK How). i downloaded redsn0w 0.9.10b6 and the ipsw for my phone and tried to boot tethered. i did the whole process with the power button and homebutton thing and it started to work (it recognized my phone) but then after 2 seconds it said INTERNAL ERROR. i treid it several times and dont know what to do. please help!!!!!

Try booting to DFU and restoring.

Comment

hunt3728

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
i would rather not having to do that because i have quite a few jailbreak apps and would not like to have to go through downloading them again. is there another way?

----------

How come you didn't just download Rocky Racoon to untether?

i didnt know about it until yesturday. i just joined MacRumors today

Comment

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Comment

hunt3728

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Rocky Racoon only works on 5.1.1 not on 5.1

well…hardly, and besides that not very helpful.

@OP
Use redsn0w 9.10b8 from the dev-team blog itself, if Just Boot doesn't work you'll probably need to restore.

Don't need to download the current firmware to work with redsn0w, hit Just Boot.
http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/18906290309/march-mayhem
I cannot connect the phone to a computer to restore. i need information on it and dont know what to do. cydia doesnt work so i cant download wifisync

Comment

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I think you might have to do a restore.. Internal error does not point to a easy fix in fact it sounds almost like a hardware issue. if you have shsh blobs then you can try to restore 5.0.1 other wise you have to upgrade to 5.1

Comment

hunt3728

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
I think you might have to do a restore.. Internal error does not point to a easy fix in fact it sounds almost like a hardware issue. if you have shsh blobs then you can try to restore 5.0.1 other wise you have to upgrade to 5.1

I tried resetting to factory settings but it was on the wheel for like 45 minutes and I don't know how to restore it and need to back up my contacts but don't know how since it's not connecting to a computer

Comment

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I tried resetting to factory settings but it was on the wheel for like 45 minutes and I don't know how to restore it and need to back up my contacts but don't know how since it's not connecting to a computer

I don't think your going to be able to backup. I backup at ;east every couple days for this very reason. I'm pretty sure DFU more is your only option at this point. http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.