NEED HELP. iPhone problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waterskier2007, Apr 4, 2008.

1. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

to make the story short. i downloaded pwnage tool and the 2.0 beta. but then i thought why not just install it with itunes using a manual restore. all you computer geniouses dont get mad, i now know that i messed up. so it worked for the install but then when it reconnected my phone it gave the message that it cannot be activated so i unplugged and then set it into recovery mode, so then it said i need to restore. so i clicked to do that thinking it would restore to 1.1.4/ but i think that it tried 2.0 since that was the last one i used. and midway through it didnt work. so, does anyone know where i can find a link to download 1.1.4.

2. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Here it is

You managed to get a hold of the leaked 2.0 software but you couldn't find the 1.1.4? Haha.

Well a simple Google search found it!

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32939

Once you download it, connect your iPhone, open iTunes, and press Option + Restore button, there it'll ask you to locate the file... select the file, let it does it's stuff and there you go!

3. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i downloaded that but once it unzips the file it just leaves me with a folder, no ipsw file.

4. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

5. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

ok, so i found the firmware in my library. its the 1.1.4.ipsw file. i keep trying to restore with it but i get a unknown error. do i have to go through and install each piece of firmware starting with 1.0

6. maxxscholten macrumors regular

Hmmm

Might be some kind of bug with 2.0 right now and downgrading... Apple is still working out the kinks with the new firmware.

As of right now I have no solutions, sorry dude.

7. waterskier2007 thread starter macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

i fixed it. really roundabout way. i found the 1.1.4 update stored in my library in finder. i used that in pwnage tool to go to 1.1.4 and then i restored with itunes. but now my phone works again. only problem is all settings are gone cus of the restore. no homepage icons, nothing