Need help iphone X no downloaded music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jjayf, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Jjayf macrumors 6502

So, I did the whole switch from iphone 6 to the X today. It was more hassle than I expected, but got through it mostly.
    I restored the X from an encripted backup of the 6, everything went well except my upteen gigs of downloaded music. I have a mix of personally owned, purchased, and apple music suscription downloads. All the music showed up, but none of it is downloaded. It's just a shared icloud library.
    How do I get the downloads back on the device without having to download each album individually again? This would literally take days.

Setting..
    icloud library enabled
    automatic downloads enabled

Im stumped..

2. Jjayf thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Hyperion0808 macrumors member

4. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I used Itunes to get my music back into my X. I had to turn off Icloud Music in the settings on my X. Try syncing your phone after you do it.

5. Jjayf thread starter macrumors 6502

This is the answer. Thanks!! Also, say goodby to your apple music susciption downloads. The only way to get them availale for offline listening is to redownload them.

6. rjjacobson macrumors 6502a

rjjacobson

I had the same issue going from a 7Plus to my X. I think apple has that iCloud music setting on by default -- they want to sell you more cloud space all the time. I had never encountered this before in iPhone upgrades but was wondering if others did.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    I refuse to pay for Apple Music. I have music from iTunes paid, and things from old CD copies over years (us iTunes Match to keep that on my devices). I think that apple turned the iCloud music on the X on for this reason and to sell you more cloud space. I know my 7plus did not come with iCloud music turned on. I am glad to see I was not the only one experiencing this probably also one of few who still just us the 5GB of free cloud space, backup only to iTunes ;-)

7. Jjayf thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, I give Apple enough money with Apple music. No extra iCloud for me. I sync contacts through the cloud. Lost those once, that isn't happening again..

8. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

I also used Itunes to move all my playlists onto my X.