Need Help IPOD touch 4G lockup after jailbreak attempt

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by RWinOR, Dec 11, 2010.

1. RWinOR macrumors 6502

Greenest and wettest place in North America
    I wanted to turn my IPod 4G into an airplay receiver. I tried to jailbreak using Greenpois0n.(http://www.crispytech.com/2010/10/1...g-4-1-with-greenpois0n-rc4-on-windows-or-mac/)

After going through the process, the IPOD immediately said I need to resync with Itunes. I plugged it in and now it is stuck with the sync screen. It will not power off, the buttons do not work, and Itunes does not recognize it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to reset it and have it sync back up to ITunes?

Thank you

2. RWinOR thread starter macrumors 6502

OK so the battery completely drained, and now the IPOD seems fine. My question now.... How can I tell if I am really jail broke, and how do I install Cydia?

Thank you

3. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

You jailbroke with greenpois0n, so there should be a white installer icon somewhere

4. RWinOR, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

RWinOR thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not have any icon. I tried Jailbreaking, the IPOD went to the ITUNE link screen and became none responsive. After the battery drain it appears fine. I tried it a second time with the same results. Neither left me with an ICON, and both attempts said successful from Greenpois0n. Is there a better jail break site to use?

5. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

Did you get the program from the official site http://www.greenpois0n.com/ ? My friend's didn't jailbreak when he got it from some random site :p Or you can just try limera1n...