need help ipod touch jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by golo, Mar 4, 2009.

1. golo macrumors newbie

hey guys, i just tried to jailbreak my first gen ipod touch. i went through the whole process and i enven saw a green mark saying that everything whas great, bla, bla, bla.

Here is when all went wrong, my ipod tried to reboot after the pineacle started downloading the software, i tried to reboot again and now i only see the apple logo on the screen. itunes wont recognize my ipod but if i disconnect the ipod, it will show my ipods name. I hope some savy can help.

2. golo thread starter macrumors newbie

by the way i did this on a windows laptop and not mac.

3. hack a mac macrumors newbie

Ok, have you tried to reboot it? you hold down the power switch, and the the home button for ten seconds. this should make your ipod turn off then on, and boot normally.
    Hope this helps...

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the only solution really would be to bung it into dfu mode and restore and try again.

plug iPod into pc and if off the ipod should be stuck at the apple logo

hold down the home and the power buttons till the device goes off

wait a couple seconds after it turns off

now again hold the home and power buttons down for 10 seconds and then when you get to 10 let go of the power button only and hold the home button down for upto 30 seconds (you will know it's worked when windows beeps and iTunes detects iPod in recovery mode)

click the restore button and let it restore

once complete run quickpwn again and hopefully you should be up and running at some point with a jailbroken iPod