need help jailbreaking 3GS with 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CBillups1, Oct 19, 2010.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i havent jailbroken in awhile and a friend got a 3GS with 3.0 so how do i jailbreak it? any help would be appreciated it, i looked online and its confusing with the info that was given.

2. apatel87 macrumors regular

Man, I am looking for the same information! Ive been scouring the web but since I dont have any SHSHs backed up I am not sure if we can since apple stopped signing a lot of the firmwares. Please someone help!

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. apatel87 macrumors regular

I am assuming that we cannot unlock 4.1 until Pwnage tool with unlock comes out. I think musclenerd tweeted today that they wont release the unlock till 4.2 comes out.

5. apatel87 macrumors regular

Also, if you have the newer bootrom, will this provide an untethered jailbreak?

6. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

All 3GS with 3.0 have the old bootrom.

To OP, use Redsn0w to pwned(accepts custom firmware) JB the 3.0 firmware. Afterward, from now onward, if want to upgrade the firmware, create or search (google) for custom JB firmware (one that keeps the very stable 4.26 baseband). Then, restore with that custom firmware through ITunes.

7. apatel87 macrumors regular

Really, I thought that after week 40 they had the new bootrom that was not able to have an untethered jailbreak.

http://www.iclarified.com/jailbreak/iphone3gs/mac.php?firmware=3.0.0

Look at the bottom of the page. This from the jailbreak tutorial after I clicked on 3.0 firmware. Is this not the case?

8. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

All the links on that page deals with 3.1.2 / 3.1.3 that's when new bootrom showed up. Seems like link or search feature is wrong. If you can get 3GS with 3.0, they are all old bootrom.