Need help jailbreaking iPhone 4S with absinthe

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eldan88, Feb 18, 2012.

1. eldan88 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have downloaded Absinthe v0.3 from pod2g website, and installed the Absinthe jailbreak app. When I click on the app it takes me to the screen where it shows a green glowing button that reads "Jailbreak" .

Everytime I click on "Jailbreak" its keeps giving me an error message saying

"Cannot Open Absinthe
    Absinthe could not be open.

The error was: " The URL can't be shown".

I have then tried to turn on VPN for the jailbreak but it couldn't connect to VPN either.

The iOS im running is 5.1

How can i fix this issue?

Thanks

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You need to revert back to iOS 5.0.1. The Jailbreak will only work for 5.0.1, not 5.1.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I'd like to know why you are running 5.1beta, which was only just ported to developers, but not know anything about jailbreaking? I take it you are not a dev...

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Non-dev aside, the 5.1 beta has been out since November. The latest revision, which is beta 3, has been out more than a month.

5. eldan88 thread starter macrumors newbie

my apologies.. i meant to say its on 5.0.1... but its still not working!

----------

Sorry i meant to say 5.0.1

6. hatya macrumors newbie

hatya

Make sure your wifi connection is turned on. Thats how I did mine. Keep your wifi on your iTouch on and disable your passcode lock. I just jailbroke my iPhone it worked fine. Oh and another thing are you using a PC to install the jailbreak or a Mac? I know it sounds stupid because we are on MacRumors but it would be some help to let us know what your OS is. I did try it before and it would not work without my wifi on my iPhone turned on.

7. eldan88 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey hatya thanks for the tip... im trying to jailbreak my iphone on a mac and I do have my wifi turned on along with passcode disabled and its still isn't working. Would do you suggest?

8. eldan88 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried doing it from a PC and it worked. Thanks!

9. hatya macrumors newbie

hatya

Your welcome!! :apple:

10. TellemMrV macrumors newbie

I'm using a pc and it's not working, does my computer have to be connected to the WifI Internet as well as my phone.. Plz help

11. hatya macrumors newbie

hatya

Yea your computer needs to be connected to your wifi or internet. Absinthe can not work unless it is connected to the internet. Another thing is when it is jailbreaking do not touch the screen until it tells you to do so. It seems tempting to touch it but as it is jailbreaking do not touch the screen while its in the process. That can screw it up. I never touched my screen and it worked fine.