Need help: Keep getting size mismatch error in Cydia

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by redbeard331, Apr 12, 2011.

1. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

This happens when trying to install Webviewcontroller from the David Ashman repo which is apparently needed for Musicbar Extended to work, I've tried everything I can think of, I've searched the web, and I just cannot find out how to resolve this problem. This was a tweak I used everyday, any help is fixing this would be greatly appreciated as I'm all out of ideas.

2. redbeard331, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

redbeard331 thread starter macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Soooo, after not being able to fix this, and horrible battery life on 4.3.1, I just restored my phone as new, hoping this helps with the battery and solves the size mismatch error, and so I try downloading Webviewcontroller from Cydia and sure enough I get that evil size mismatch error again..:confused::confused::confused:

Any ideas???

3. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

It just means that app won't work with your OS. It's not upgraded to whatever you are running. Maybe he will fix it, maybe he won't. When you say you used it everyday, I assume you mean on a previous, lower OS?

4. redbeard331 thread starter macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Yes, worked fine on 4.2.1, the thing is that other people are telling me it works for them on 4.3.1..

It's made by the same guy who made Lockinfo, unfortunately I don't think he works on anything else anymore..

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

Well, I just checked and it's on mine, running 4.3.1. So not sure why you are having issues. Try a reboot and then attempt through Cydia again.

6. redbeard331 thread starter macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Tried it already, I deleted the repo, re-added it, even restored my phone last night, so I'm stumped..