Need help keeping up with birthdays

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Big D 51, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

To help remember birthdays and anniversaries, I create a category in iCAl called "Birthdays" to schedule an event to remind me of the birthday. This would sync with MobileMe and my iPhone.

I am trying to get away from this. For an example say I need to schedule a birthday on Jan 26th. I don't like this because it takes up a certain time frame for Jan 26th so if I happen to need to schedule an appointment for this time that I set the birthday at, I have to change the birthday time around then add the event.

if iPhone and iCal would just let me schedule a reminder or something for any day WITHOUT having to set a time, it would work perfect but it doesn't (to the best of my knowledge).

Is there an app that you are using that syncs with iCal and MobileMe to help with this? I tried searching the forms for a good To Do list/Reminder app but most are way too complicated for what I am trying to do.

What do you do to help remind you of birthdays, and etc.? :apple:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I don't think it does exactly what you want, but I use Occasions
    It syncs with your Contacts and with FB (if you want)
    And allows Ad Hoc creations

4. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Why not just create an All-Day event? That's what I do and never have to schedule around things.

5. Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Thanks for the replies. I would be lost without these forums. :D I am going to look into both apps.

Good point. I went to test and it does work good enough for my liking. Before reading your post, I was thinking if I made an all day event that it would clog the entire day by not allowing me to schedule any more events. I assume the wrong thing and never tested it until now.

Thanks for the input Cylon Glitch. :apple: