need help loading songs onto my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by totalvoid, Apr 14, 2011.

1. totalvoid macrumors newbie

sounds simple right? i just found out about vuze and for some reason i can put the files that i have downloaded into my itunes music library but when i try to drag and drop the files into my iphone, theres that big "circle/slash" icon. i have converted my selections to ACC and still nothing. i am unsure if this is a formatting issue, im still new to this. but im hoping that one of yoos has run into this before and can enlighten me on the subject.
    any feed back is appreciated, even if the feed back is "sorry cant do it" at least ill know. ive asked around about this and have done some research and havent really gotten any straight forward answers so i figured id ask yoos guys.

thanks uh bunch,
    totalvoid.

2. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

Hmmm...when you say you're trying to drag songs to your iPhone icon (on the left, under 'Devices') it sounds like you're trying to manually manage the songs and videos. In other words, you're just dragging & dropping items into the phone, versus allowing the iPhone itself to do an entire sync with iTunes.

Have you tried synching the phone with iTunes? That might be something to try.

If you're wanting to pick and choose individual songs/videos to drag to your phone (versus a sync with iTunes), you'll have to make sure the "Manually manage music and videos" checkbox is checked -- this is found in the 'Summary' tab for your iPhone. If this is not checked, you will not be able to drag & drop anything into your phone.

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I wanted to add, don't steal or pirate music. Your no better then a thief when you do that.

4. totalvoid thread starter macrumors newbie

dude, thank you so much. it was as easy as clicking that "manually manage music" box...which is what i wanted to avoid. i didnt want to lose all of my stuff. but i did do a back up and i figured that i can always reload the stuff that i lost. thank you so much for the fast reply man...

THANK YOU! your help has been amazing...i usually loathe the internet but its instances like this that make me love it...whatevs, im rambling.
    thanks again man!

5. totalvoid thread starter macrumors newbie

i totally agree with you on that. im only getting digital files for vinyl records that i already own... i used to have a program that would convert the records to mp3 (magix) but it broke... so yeah. im definately supporting the artists that i believe in and love, im just bummed that magix took a **** on me!

6. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help! :p