Need help locating Spotlight.app

Discussion in 'macOS' started by I Am Steve Jobs, Dec 11, 2010.

1. I Am Steve Jobs macrumors member

When Snow Leopard first came out I modded my menu bar to make it black with white text and icons. Well just now I've decided to revert back, and I located the menu bar icons and restored them with the backups I had, except for one.

In order for you to restore the Spotlight icon, you have to dig in the contents of Spotlight.app

However, I can't seem to find it. Originally its supposed to be located under:

System/Library/CoreServices

But Spotlight.app is nowhere to be found there. Can somebody please help me find out where its at so I can finally be fully restored? Thanks for anybodies help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's here, unless you've moved it:
    ScreenCap 1.PNG
    Search in Finder, using the options indicated above.

3. I Am Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors member

Just found the solution on Google. Its funny, I've been googling for about 20 minutes, posted to here, then googled one more time and found it.

Its under 'System/Library/CoreServices/Search.bundle' for those who's Spotlight.app doesn't show under /CoreServices anymore.

Thanks though,

Rock on:apple:

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad you found it, but it must be rather embarrassing, not knowing where it was, with you being Steve Jobs! :eek:

5. gorjan macrumors 6502

Funny that Steve Jobs doens't know where they places Spotlight.app. You should know your product better! :p