Need help locating the movie icon

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CromulentChriss, Apr 16, 2009.

1. CromulentChriss macrumors newbie

Hi, after reinstalling mac os x yesterday and transferring all my files from the time machine backup my movies folder (the one that is default in home directory) was not located/disabled or whatever, because I (purposely) don't backup that folder, and only keep the movies i want to save as a duplicate on another hard drive.

So I only created a new folder titled "movies" - but the thing is that those default folders (i.e: movies, music, pictures, apps etc) have special icons "imprinted in them" - and when I have them show up on the sidebar in finder (which I have with my movies folder) the folders automatically get special icons (like the apps folder gets the pen/pencil icon).

Now, with my new movies folder the old movie reel icon no longer appears in the sidebar - and I want it back. I could have settled for any other movie reel icon, or any movie icon for that matter, but I have not found any good ones, and I want the one default in the system. So: anyone happens to know where these icons (and possibly the special icon-imprinted-folders) are located?

2. CromulentChriss thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry to repost, but I was really hoping someone could help me with this - and I would be very grateful if someone could.

I don't know if I was unclear, but what I'm really looking for is where some icons (especially the ones for the movies folder) are located on my mac - or if possible another way of making the movies folder back the way it was again...

thanks

3. code:9999 macrumors newbie

All the default system icons come with the free LiteIcon. Just open the app, and drag the icon from the program into finder.
    Here's the files you're looking for if you don't change your icons a lot (you said reel, so I'm assuming you're not using 10.4, but if you want them anyway): here's the movie folder icon and the movie sidebar icon from tiger (right-click, save linked).

4. CromulentChriss thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, never though I was going to get an answer with this odd question - but thanks a million

Edit: I got the icons, but I can't seem to set the movie reel icon on the folder in the sidebar without also changing the folder icon (in normal finder view) to that same icon - whereas I want it just to be the blue imprented-icon-folder...I know I'm picky but if anyone could clarify how to do this that would be great - cause I know it can be done because I have done so before (but that happened automatically, without me setting the new icon)
    Thanks