Need Help, Logitch VX not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macsForLife, Jun 24, 2009.

1. macsForLife macrumors member

macsForLife

Hey guys, not sure where to put this, read that many windows users were having this trouble but found no fix. What's been happening with the VX is that it has been taking multiple (in some cases 10 clicks) to register, or randomly throwing up a context menu when left clicking, or switching the functions of the buttons around. Also, it would periodically start to get very laggy while tracking. It worked fine for a little while, but then this started happening, and nothing seems to work. I re-installed Control Center, tried using Steermouse (but that was even worse) and of course have checked for updates but there are none. It will also many times not expose the dock when it is hidden. Also, since day 1, in the control center, it will not show the General tab, when I click on it, it will just go back to the functions tab. Just today, after I reinstalled it, now it will not recognize the mouse, and its changing up the functions of the buttons again. I'm so frustrated, it literally takes twice as long to do things now when the mouse acts up. Someone Help!

2. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

There are many models of Logitech VX mice. Which one do you have?

Is this a wireless mouse?

3. macsForLife thread starter macrumors member

macsForLife

Yeah sorry I thought for sure I said it. It's a VX Revolution. It is wireless. Not dropping the connection though, always does what I want it eventually, it's just a matter of when it decides to do it.

4. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Is it plugged in on its own port?

Is this with the original receiver?

5. macsForLife thread starter macrumors member

macsForLife

Yes to both. I have now reinstalled the drivers, and it seems to work fine, except for the standard scroll speed is insanely fast, and I can't change it because Control Center still does not recognize the mouse being there. Not sure how that is possible.

6. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Well, make sure it stays on it's own port. 99% of the time, it's fine but I've noticed with two different VX Revolutions now that they can start to act funny when they're sharing a port through a hub with my iPhone. Things like strange cursor movement and mouse buttons working intermittently.

If it continues to do so, try re-syncing the receiver to the mouse. There's a connection utility and though it doesn't explicitly say so, each time you re-sync, you force a channel change. You want to do this from Windows.

Dump the Logitech drivers for Mac. This is the single biggest source of strange behavior under OS X. Uninstalling LCC completely can be a pain. Personally, I use Steermouse and have no trouble.

7. macsForLife thread starter macrumors member

macsForLife

Tried using steermouse, still acted strange, items wouldn't highlight until clicked, stuff like that. Have resynced several times with the LCC but no change. Very strange stuff.