Need help: Macbook pro 8600m GT game problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by eminem3150, Apr 27, 2008.

1. eminem3150 macrumors newbie

Ok so I have Windows XP Home installed with bootcamp and I am trying to play Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and it lags horribly in multiplayer. The single player graphics and framerates are superb but when I try to do anything in the multiplayer menu or game it lags BAD. I have tried the boot camp drivers and I have tried modified drivers from laptopvideo2go.com and I get the same result. If anyone has any suggestion please help! Thanks...

BTW I have the 15" latest generation with the 8600m GT card. I don't know if it is software or a setting conflict. Also, the game patches are up to date.

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

This is a wild guess but after playing UbiSoft's Splinter Cell Double Agent and realizing that it must have been one of the worst ports of a game EVER released in the history of the world, and seeing that Chaos Theory also seems to be a port, I would hint at the direction that it is a software problem with the game.

I am not sure and cannot conclude anything, but that's my guess. Have you tried installing it on another PC and see if it has the same lag?

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also you should be using XP Professional. HE is weird on the Mac.

4. eminem3150 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I worded my problem wrong. I don't mean lag. I get a massive slow down in my frame rate. Like below 15 fps as soon as i start the versus mode. Even the tutorial's fps is slow.

5. elmz macrumors regular

How is your fps at lower graphic settings? I have a similar issue with Frontlines. But that's due to the very large maps in multi-player mode. I have to set them VERY low to a point where it's not fun playing =(...

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod