Need Help - MacBook Pro Owners, do you have a loose bottom panel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by earth.mark.two, Sep 13, 2009.

1. earth.mark.two macrumors newbie

earth.mark.two

Okay, so I just purchased a 13" MacBook Pro. It's the unibody one, from June. Um, anyway, the Bottom panel, on the left side, under the wasd keys, for example, if I press under there, it makes a clicky noise, like the panel is loose. Does anyone else have this? Just want to make sure it isn't bad, that it's normal.

Thanks guys :)

2. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I know you said it was the June version, but just to check, you don't have a 13" unibody with the removable battery do you? There were some problems with the battery cover moving.

Otherwise, the screws in that area might need to be tightened.

3. earth.mark.two thread starter macrumors newbie

earth.mark.two

Definitely not the removable battery. It's the latest version, backlit keyboard, 7 hour battery and all that. Either that or I got ripped off :)

I'll tighten up the screws tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion :)

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

If tightening does not help there is one more thing to check.

this was the problem on one of mine.

when you remove the bottom plate you can see the posts that the screws go into to secure that bottom plate.

on the right had side, the middle post is not molded out of the aluminum body, it is actually attached to the body with a T-6 screw.

the one I had was doing the same thing, it would make clicking, and sometimes rubbing noises because it was moving around.

the T-6 screw that secures that post was loose therefore no matter how tight i made the outer screw it was still not completely secure.

try that

5. LaVilliers macrumors newbie

Hey I noticed the same on my 15" since I got it back from repairs. I've been wondering ever since if it was doing that before they removed the bottom panel... Any chance finding a cure or is it normal... I'm not sur if I want to open it myself since these screws are really flimsy...