Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toogoodius

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Heeeelllllp!!!

I need to perform a clean re-install. All the instructions tell me that I need to make a boot disc.

I can't seem to be able to get the Lion Installer into my applications folder as I need to in order to make the disc.

If I go to the app store to try to download again I get told that I have a more up to date copy and I need to erase it first (?!?!?).

If I do the option+R reboot thing and start the download process I can't seem to find the installer once I quit that process.

Confused and frustrated!!

PLease help

:eek:

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
To re-download, then, just move the Lion installer out of your Applications folder, change the name, and the App Store shouldn't see it.

toogoodius

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
To re-download, then, just move the Lion installer out of your Applications folder, change the name, and the App Store shouldn't see it.

I don't have an installer in my applications folder... so far as I can tell that's what i need to be able to make the boot disc but I can't find it or find a way to get it there!!

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Hm, it would seem you installed Lion using the installer, which automatically deletes itself after completing...

I don't know how to trick the App Store, unless you have another computer with 10.7.0 or earlier...

toogoodius

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
I don't have an installer in my applications folder... so far as I can tell that's what i need to be able to make the boot disc but I can't find it or find a way to get it there!!

I should add that I have reinstalled a couple of times but I need to do a full clean install. That's why i need the boot disc.. (and the installer to make it!)

----------

Hm, it would seem you installed Lion using the installer, which automatically deletes itself after completing...

I don't know how to trick the App Store, unless you have another computer with 10.7.0 or earlier...

yes, for sure. But, I don't have any other computers unfortunately!!

Just need that pesky installer...

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
If you have a Recovery partition on your HD, try this. It will allow you to do a complete clean reinstall.

toogoodius

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
If you have a Recovery partition on your HD, try this. It will allow you to do a complete clean reinstall.

I have absolutely no idea if I do or not!! But I'll investigate that as it looks very promising. So thanks for helping.

Is there a quick, easy way for me to determine if I have recovery partition (or quick, easy way to make one?!?!)

cheeeers

----------

I have absolutely no idea if I do or not!! But I'll investigate that as it looks very promising. So thanks for helping.

Is there a quick, easy way for me to determine if I have recovery partition (or quick, easy way to make one?!?!)

cheeeers

seems like the instructions are here.

Thanks for your good advice. Much appreciated as I was nearly at hair tearing out stage!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.