Need help migrating iTunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skinnylegs, Mar 9, 2010.

1. skinnylegs macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

I just recently got a new iMac and I want to transfer my iTunes library on over. My primary rig used to be a MBP and to conserve HD space, I put my music library on an external HD. The problem is that I can't seem to get it to work. So, rather than me describing my failed attempts, let me show you where I'm at.

The first pic is Steve(my user name)>Music>iTunes on my iMac. As you can see, a few of my folders have populated but obviously everything is not there. Also, for instance, the song Twilight of the Thunder Gods by Amon Amarth doesn't play even though the folder is in there. It *will* however play if I have my external HD plugged in because it locates the song on said device.

The second picture is that of the same folder on my external HD. As you can see, all of my song folders are there.

FYI...I currently have my iTunes Media folder location set to Users>Steve?Music/iTunes.

Help! I'm lost. :(

Attached Files:

2. skinnylegs thread starter macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

Thank you so much for your help. I'm consolidating my library as we speak. I'll report back and let you know how it went!

3. skinnylegs thread starter macrumors 65816

skinnylegs

Seems to have worked like a charm! Thanks again, buddy!