Need help, modify Finder window..

iWind130290

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Do me a favour pls! I love Mac OS. Its GUI is the the best one I've ever tried. But there is still something I want to modify to make the perfect one for myself. Anybody know how to remove the "minimize button" and "zoom button". I mean exactly the word remove. I don't want they appear when I open any Application.

I only want to save the red one for closing window. Thanks for any reply.

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
You can hide the buttons by going to full screen mode, but you cannot remove the buttons.

iWind130290

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
Ha Noi, Viet Nam
obviously you have a very unique reason for wanting this not sure they make features that would not be used by atleast 50% of their consumers.
Thanks iisforiphone. As I said before: "The Mac OS X 's GUI is the best one I've ever tried". But It's still not perfect to me. You're right when saying that those features are useful for most people. I've my own reason to want to do what I've said. And I really want it.

----------

Use the full screen function and it will disappear.
Thanks satcomer. Just sometime I need to use full screen mode for some applications, not everytime or every application.

Anybody have tons of experience with theming Mac OS X? Pls...

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks iisforiphone. As I said before: "The Mac OS X 's GUI is the best one I've ever tried". But It's still not perfect to me. You're right when saying that those features are useful for most people. I've my own reason to want to do what I've said. And I really want it.

----------

Thanks satcomer. Just sometime I need to use full screen mode for some applications, not everytime or every application.

Anybody have tons of experience with theming Mac OS X? Pls...
have you looked at Candybar3, thats a tool for theming but ive never investigated how much you can theme with it

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Just out of curiosity, exactly what are you so adamant about removing the toolbar buttons? Is there a physical reason why you need these gone, or do you just not want them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.