Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Captain Brooks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2007
OK. One day I was just using my MacBook when it shut down for no reason. I tried to turn it on, but it instantly turned on and shut down one second after after I pressed it. It only turns on if it's connected to a charger. If the charger is disconnected, it shuts down. Could somebody tell me what to do?

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
could try to reset the power management, cant remember the keyboard short cut as i dont use a laptop, try apple.com/support

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
It sounds like a knackered battery, mine did this and when I walked into my Apple Reseller and they didn't blink or query whether it was still under warranty; just popped out the old one and fitted a new.

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
OK. One day I was just using my MacBook when it shut down for no reason. I tried to turn it on, but it instantly turned on and shut down one second after after I pressed it. It only turns on if it's connected to a charger. If the charger is disconnected, it shuts down. Could somebody tell me what to do?

The same thing happened to my son's MacBook. I apologize for posting without remembering the cause, but it was repaired at no charge by Apple. It must be a known issue, they repaired it at the store in two days.
Run it by the geniuses at the Apple store, they should take care of it right away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.