Need help narrowing down my Iphone 5 case selection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TCU, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TCU, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

TCU macrumors newbie

I narrowed it down to 3 options: (p.s. I have a white phone)

1. (naturally) Speck Candyshell Grip

2. Belkin Grip Candy Sheer

3. Incipio OVRMLD

All 3 are pretty good as far as the reviews go. My important criteria are total thickness, weight, and protection in no particular order. Curiously it's near impossible to find specifications for cases :confused:

Incipio is the only one that lists it on their site: 11.80mm, 32g

Please someone give me a reason to pick one over the other.. :p
    Don't care about the price they are all about the same, don't use a screen protector, don't use the 30 pin adaptor.. maybe the candyshell sheer isn't enough protection? or is the OVRMLD significantly heavier than the others?...

2. PastorJeff macrumors member

I personally love the Belkin Candy Sheer. I like it better than the Speck Candy, mainly based on the feel. Plus I like the fact that you can see through the back somewhat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

4. mrgossett, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

mrgossett macrumors 6502

I bought and tried the Incipio OVRMLD, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you NEVER plan to take it off. Nice-looking case but not much grip, and it fits so tightly that it's VERY difficult to take off. I was afraid I was going to damage the phone trying to get it off. Once I finally got it off and had bruised thumbs, I decided I would never try that case again. It also bubbled up the edge of my screen protector.

The Speck Candyshell Grip is very nice and fits great. I've replaced mine with a Case-Mate Tough case to get more grip, and I like the colors better. Haven't tried the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer.