Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TCU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
I narrowed it down to 3 options: (p.s. I have a white phone)

1. (naturally) Speck Candyshell Grip

2. Belkin Grip Candy Sheer

3. Incipio OVRMLD

All 3 are pretty good as far as the reviews go. My important criteria are total thickness, weight, and protection in no particular order. Curiously it's near impossible to find specifications for cases :confused:

Incipio is the only one that lists it on their site: 11.80mm, 32g

Please someone give me a reason to pick one over the other.. :p
Don't care about the price they are all about the same, don't use a screen protector, don't use the 30 pin adaptor.. maybe the candyshell sheer isn't enough protection? or is the OVRMLD significantly heavier than the others?...

Last edited:

PastorJeff

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
I personally love the Belkin Candy Sheer. I like it better than the Speck Candy, mainly based on the feel. Plus I like the fact that you can see through the back somewhat.

yga3y8a3.jpg

qaneta9e.jpg

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I bought and tried the Incipio OVRMLD, and I wouldn't recommend it unless you NEVER plan to take it off. Nice-looking case but not much grip, and it fits so tightly that it's VERY difficult to take off. I was afraid I was going to damage the phone trying to get it off. Once I finally got it off and had bruised thumbs, I decided I would never try that case again. It also bubbled up the edge of my screen protector.

The Speck Candyshell Grip is very nice and fits great. I've replaced mine with a Case-Mate Tough case to get more grip, and I like the colors better. Haven't tried the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.