Need help "No batteries available"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by California King, Dec 17, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

I have a black Macbook that is having some issues. I'm not sure what my mom did (who doesn't know how to use computers), but when I came home, I saw my Macbook mysteriously turn on (with the lid closed) and when I went to shut it down, I noticed a buzzing sound in the middle of my keyboard...sounded like the motherboard was being fried or something?

Anyways, when I unplugged the battery, the sound went away, but when I put the battery back in, it wouldn't boot. Even when I plugged the Macbook into the wall, I couldn't get it to boot up all the way (kept shutting down or going into sleep mode)

Long story short, it only boots up when it's plugged in and it shows "No batteries available" on top where the battery indicator is. The battery is fine, it just looks like a software glitch or something? Any ideas? I'll probably take it to the Genius bar if I can't figure this out myself.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

3. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope, the Macbook is still functional. It only boots up with the power plugged in. If I unplug it after it has booted, it still works, so the battery is still functional.

I've tried a PMU reset, PRAM reset, and SMC reset.

I'll probably just take it to the Apple store and see what they can do for me. From what she told me, she was basically clicking on random things and pressing random buttons on the keyboard, lol. Also, buzzing sound is gone.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

sure ... blame Mom, careful ... She is also Santa ... lol :cool:

5. California King thread starter macrumors 65816

:) Yeah, I was pretty pissed at first, but can't blame her too much.

Also, after seeing what would happen if I boot camped into Windows, I now get a whole 15 minutes of this everytime I boot up OS X! Should be quite awkward while the Apple Genius waits for my computer to boot up! :D

[​IMG]