Need help(noob) embarassing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cfII, Aug 22, 2011.

1. cfII macrumors regular

Where is the word processor in lion?
    do I have to buy it?
    I need to make a resume.
    What is the native file format for a text doc in mac?
    thanks im retarded

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

3. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Like tjb1 said, TextEdit is the default text editor in OS X.

There is an app called Pages in the App Store (if you didn't know already) that is basically a much more advanced version of TextEdit that you can do a lot more with much more simply, for $19.99.

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I would recommend Pages over OpenOffice if you are willing to pay for it. Apple makes it really simple to create great looking documents, plus if you need help with Pages, Apple has an iWork team to help You.

6. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

Always makes me think of good 'ol Ubuntu. It's a pretty good free solution (though, I'm so used to the UI of Word (2008/11) and Pages that I get annoyed of the Open Office layout).

7. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I agree. MS Word, love it or hate it, is the standard. I just wish they would fix some of the pagination bugs that have been around since 1995. Still beats all the alternatives. Office 2003 for Windows is the best implementation in my opinion.

CFII, if you are a student you can get Microsoft Office on the cheap. I highly recommend it.

8. bb426 macrumors 6502

bb426

^^ Probably the best Suite Microsoft has and will ever make!!

9. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

If you want to make a resume, you should invest in Pages. For $20 it's way more bang for the buck than MS Office (if for no reason other than you can just buy the app you actually need) and you'll be able to create much more impressive looking documents.

For electronic delivery, you can export your document as Pages, Word or PDF formats. You can also export documents it as ePub files if you want. It's really an excellent product and you can get it right from the App Store on your Mac.