Need Help on a Building Project

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MallCop, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

Hi, I along with my family all love the movie Christmas Vacation. I bought the moose mugs and now Im going to try and build the advent house. Adventhouseplans.com gives some good info and some of the materials but Im wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of some kind of craft bricks to use on the facade of the house. Also does anyone know what would be a good material to make windows out of? I heard vellum.

Thanks.

2. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

I know I'm a month late, but...

When modeling a brick facade, the lower cost method is get some brick colored chipboard/mat board, and draft the bricks on. Use hard colored pencils to draw in the mortar joints. You can then shade and color the bricks to the desired scheme. This is time consuming and requires a good hand.

A hobby shop might sell brick facade, but getting the scale right could prove tricky.

For windows, some frosted, translucent plastic (thin) is a good material. You can make the mullions out of very thin basswood, painted to the desired color. Another option is to sand down some plexi.