Need help on a skin

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by 156457, Nov 10, 2008.

1. 156457 macrumors 6502

Right I've searched so don't nag me to search in future please, I'd like to get a response that suits my needs, if that makes sense? lol.

Anyway, I'm about to order an iPod Touch 2G on Amazon and after my last one had it's back scratched to death and the screen had about 4 major scratches on it (don't ask how) I'd like to keep my new one in a case.. My budget for cases and screen protectors is about £20.

What is the best screen protector to use? (most scratch proof + easiest to apply, I've seen a video on YouTube of BSE being scratched really badly easily with a key)
    What is the best skin to use that doesn't 'bulk' up the iPod Touch and looks nice. (Not a hard case)

Oh yeah, how hard is it to apply a invisible film on the back of the 2G iPod touch? If it's easy then it would be nice if you could include a anti-glare film with that included. Thanks x

Thanks!

:) x

2. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Why do you need a screen protector if you are going to use a case? It won't scratch while you are using it, and if you drop it the screen film won't help much anyway. I use a black leather-looking vinyl eyeglass case with a soft lining to store the ipod in when not in use. There is just enough room to put the earbuds in on top of the ipod without sticking out. It doesn't bulge and looks sleek, like the sleeve ipod cases that cost so much. Fits in my suit breast pocket and can't tell its there. I got the case at Walmart for $2, and my friends with ipod touch like it so much they are going to buy one too.

3. JRotholz macrumors newbie

iFrogz Treadz

I've had an iFrogz Treadz silicon skin on my Touch for about 2 months and I love it. It's not to sticky or grippy like some silicon skins that cause them to collect lint and prevent them from slipping into your pocket, but it's just grippy enough to keep you from dropping your gizmo. Look around a bit and you should be able to find one for about $21 ($15 + $6 for shipping). Not a bad price for a great product!
    Good luck.
    JonR