Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ojm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
hi,
im a newish first time mac user and i brought my macbook pro 2012 edition (13 inch) last august and i havent had any major problems at all

about my battery howeve i would charge my laptop and use it to 100% then take it out at 100% and use it to about 1 or 2 % and charge it again. i would repeat this every 2 days, then i searched online about mac batteries and found out that i should keep it in at 100% and not take it out and carry on using it, and only take it out once a month? i just noticed this today

for the past week or so my battery has been charging really quickly. (from 0% dead to 40% in 35 minutes!!! )
is this normal?

are my stats normal?

A) Cycle Count-83
B) full charge capacity mAh-5665
C) Amperage mA - 2801

when i use it without its charger i can use it between 4.5 hours - 6 hours

have i got any problems with my battery?

thanks

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
No. You're battery seems to be perfectly fine. 4.5-6 hours of usage on a full charge is normal.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

ojm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
thank you both for the quick and helpful solution !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.