Need help on deciding iMac or Cusom PC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sako94, Oct 26, 2008.

1. sako94 macrumors regular

ok well im going to a new Computer at the end of the year and i cant decide either to a get very crazy sick PC which runs 2x faster then the iMac for about same price $1250 on each = my budget since im getting 2

what features does the Mac have that is better then a PC?
    Also is it smart maybe getting 1 of each? will they be able to run smoothly together?

i need some help as you can see lol =]

also when will the new iMacs come out?

2. mattyb240 macrumors 6502a

Why wil it run twice as fast? DO you utilise multiple cores?Do you max all of them out?

And the age old question of what does a mac do better, if you like mac and enjoy the operating system which I do (recent switcher) go mac. If you don't stay windows. You need to try them out to see if you like them, and not just that they look kool. So to be honest your question is pretty dumb.

Honestly go to an apple store and sit and have a play. It comes down to preference. No one on here can convince you mac is better. You just have to see what you like.

3. 7031 macrumors 6502

I say if you can get a fully pimped out PC or you can build one yourself, go for it.

From the sounds of it you're quite happy with your PC, and assuming that's the case that's definitely the route you want to go down.