Need help on iPhoto (Thanks in advance)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by myxzyden, Apr 28, 2007.

1. myxzyden macrumors member

Hi all,
    I use alot of the delete key when editing unwanted pics in iPhoto. However I notice that all these "deleted" pics remain on the main library. It was merely "taken off" the file list on the specific folder I worked on. Is there any other way to make the main library sync with the folders? I belive I got like more than one GB of "deleted" pics that I really wanted it thrashed....

Thanks

Edit:Thrash bin shows nothing. But the "deleted pics" show up in library as well as in Finder.....

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Empty the trash in iPhoto. That usually does it.

Attached Files:

3. Richard Flynn macrumors regular

It sounds like by pressing delete you’re merely removing photos from an individual album, while keeping them in the same library. Try pressing Command [Apple] + delete, which should send them to the trash. iTunes behaves the same way: if you select a track when you’re in a playlist, pressing delete only removes it from the playlist, but Cmd+delete removes it from the library.

4. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I believe the shortcut to delete from album permanently is actually CMD+Option+Delete.

5. myxzyden thread starter macrumors member

Well..now tht damage is done.... is there any way to make the main library sync with all those individual folders?.....

6. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I'm confused by what you mean. Think of the folders in iPhoto as playlists in itunes. They aren't really folders that contain pictures. They're just a convienent way of organizing your main library.

When you are in an individual folder and select images and press delete, you remove the images from the ALBUM ONLY. They still remain in your main Library. Just like deleting music from a playlist--it's only deleted from the playlist, not your main library.

If, on the other hand, you select the images and press CMD-Option-Delete, you remove the photos BOTH from the Album AND the Library. In other words, you delete them permanently.

If you've done the above (and emptied the trash) and you still see images in the library that you deleted, hold option whilst starting up iPhoto and select "Rebuild iPhoto Library" (or something of that nature, can't remember exactly). This will take a while, but it may fix your problem.