need help on my iphone 4s iphone server cant be contacted

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nashvillesix, Jun 7, 2013.

1. nashvillesix macrumors newbie

hi guys last 3 daysi tried to update my iphone in general setting then after a few minutes a picture of itunes and as USB appeared in my iphones 4s screen when i tried to activate on my laptop it shows that iphone server could not be contacted then when im trying to update my itunes it says that i need to make sure that i am connected to the internet then until now i could not use my iphone 4s because i could not activate it using itunes what should i do can someone help me solving my problem.. please..

oh and it was jailbreaked

2. cynics macrumors G3

Sounds like you are not connected to your home wifi/Internet.

3. nashvillesix thread starter macrumors newbie

im connected to my house internet but when im on itunes it says that im not connected whenever im trying to access itunes store it doesnt go and when im connecting m iphone it tries to check for iphone server update then after a few seconds it shows a message that " iphone server could not be contacted"

4. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Well you should never update a jailbroken iPhone, especially to a non-jailbroken version, but it's too late for that...

It sounds like your computer isn't connected to the internet, or perhaps the iTunes server request is being blocked.

Are you SURE your computer is connected to a working Internet connection? Does Safari (or your browser of choice) connect to websites properly?

Are you using a PC or a Mac?

5. nashvillesix thread starter macrumors newbie

now i cant use my iphone 4s now cause i need to activate using a itunes. and yes i am connected to the internet and im using it now to post messages here but my iphone i cant use it now and now im using a PC windows 7, sorry cause im new in a iphone world hehe just need a little help thanks in advance