Need help on my new order 15 hi res mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Leslie Tan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Leslie Tan macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I just custom ordered a 15' hi res glossy and it is now in shanghai for shipment. After some thought i prefer to have anti glare instead. What should i do now? Does the return policy covers custom order? Any restocking fee n how much?

Should i wait till it arrive and return it?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

AFAIK there is no restocking fee in AUS and BTOs have the normal 14-day return policy as well. If your order has not shipped yet, then you can cancel it now but if it has been handed over to the carrier, then you will have to wait for it to arrive.

3. iZero macrumors regular

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you have the 'coin' available you could always buy the option you want, and then when you 'old' machine arrives return it. While this is happening your actual machine will be going through the delivery process.

5. Leslie Tan thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Thank you for the input. I guess i will wait and return it as i have my previous mbp with glossy hi res. After being a year with my glossy and getting used to it, i feel my choice is still anti glare. I do not want to live with glossy anymore as the glare does sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable when i am travelling and making some photo editing on color accuracy.

I went to sydney store and compare the other day before i order and i felt it is so much nicer to view on ag screen but the apple sales personnel convinced me into getting glossy instead. I stupidly get the glossy ordered online! :(

6. iZero macrumors regular

I wouldn't call it stupid :) It's easy to get caught up in the moment. Machines behave and appear differently in a store setting. The store gives you some idea how they will be in day to day life, but once you have time to think about it, you might remember or realize something you didn't there :)

Never let anyone, in a store or here, or anywhere else, change your mind if you like something :) These machines are huge investments, and you have to get what makes you happy!!

7. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100