Need help on my setup

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ericdag, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ericdag macrumors newbie

Hi all first excuse my english, so heres my problem, when I try to use bootcamp I receive this Cannot partition an external drive but this is not external.

So to help you understand the setup I have include a jpg of disc setup on the computer i think there is a mirored disk cause if I start with the option key I have to disk storage 1 and storage 2

I just want to boot windows to ru my rc flight simulator but now its looking complicated :) or just tell me how to remove that duplication

so please I need help on this

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I suspect that the problem might be Boot Camp and your RAID array not getting along.

3. ericdag thread starter macrumors newbie

Im sure the problem was the raid array any one has a idea for this

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm afraid, if you have your Mac OS X installation on the RAID array, that you only have 2 options:

1. Make your startup disk not part of a RAID array by moving it to a non-RAID disk then booting from that.
    2. Dismantle the RAID array.

5. ericdag thread starter macrumors newbie

I have found the way :) i had put another hd in my computer and boot camp has start

now the problem i have is I have no sound in xp, and I have no boot camp driver cd

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you're using Leopard, your Leopard DVD is the Boot Camp driver CD. Make sure you download and install the Boot Camp 2.1 update as well.

7. fatdogmandoza macrumors newbie

how do you dismantle the raid array if you have a raid card... is it possible? I have 2 drives using raid, the other 2 drives (bays 3-4) are not in raid but still do not work with bootcamp