Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rollofire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
im new to mac and i am having trouble opening pictures from my email. when i first got my mac it was using mac power point i think to open them up , but it was only a trail version, now that its time is up i cant open any pics. what program can i use to open up my pics? do i need to buy mac power point or what?:confused:

soberbrain

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2008
Do you have Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)?

If yes, here are a couple ways:

1) While in Finder, the quickest way is to select the picture and click the spacebar. This will open up QuickView so you can see the picture. (Leopard only)

2) Your images seem to be associated with Power Point. There's an application called Preview that can also be used to see pictures. While in Finder, select the picture. On the menu bar click File -> Get Info. In the Info Window, under Open with select Preview, then click the "Change All" button. Now, all the pictures of that type will open in Preview.

Also, if you need to learn some basics on Macs you can check out the following:
http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
The program required to open pictures (or any other file) will depend upon what format they are in........

most mac graphics-oriented programs can open just about all of the common ones. I would suggest you look on versiontracker.com for some freeware/shareware to download after you figure out what format the pix are in :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.