Need help on operating this new ipod touch 2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freeme007, Oct 23, 2008.

1. freeme007 macrumors regular

Hi

I just got my ipod touch 2g few days ago and now i have registered through iTunes. I have few questions to ask.

1) My network is set up using WEP and how do I add the Mac Address of my ipod touch to my wireless network? Where can i find the Mac address of ipod touch?

2) How do I sync the musics that i want to put on my ipod touch instead of sync everything to my 8GB ipod touch?

Thanks

2. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

1) settings>general>about then the "Wi-Fi Address" is your MAC address.

2) there are a number of ways. one easy way is to set up a playlist and in the touch settings tell it to sync only that playlist. You can do this with multiple playlists or a smart playlist. there are other ways, but this is what i personally like.

3. Obama macrumors member

Plug in your touch, then inside itunes you'll see several tabs at the top. Click each tab and check what you want to synch and uncheck what you don't want synched. And most important at the bottom of itunes, click APPLY in each tab when done.

4. freeme007 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, Now what account information do i need to enter in the iTunes on ipod touch?

5. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

In iTunes you use a e-mail address and password to access the iTunes Music Store. This is the same account information you will need to access the iTunes music store on the iPod touch. If you have not set up this information in iTunes yet, I would do that first.