Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mothergoose45

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Work is buying me a computer so I can do the marketing things from the house and work. I will be using it for Adobe Desiger to make pages in PDF format. I want to get a Mac (being I havent ever owned one) but a few questions. This is a chance to get a Mac for myself also, but if it wont work for its main purpose I will have to go to the PC route.
1. Can i get a get a Macbook with 2mb ram and run the Adobe designer and will it run it well.
2. Would I be better of getting a Dell of the same caliber. Would it work better.
3. Just need some help here. I know the new Mac Book Pro would be good, but cant justify to my business to get one when a dell is $1100-$1300.
Would like to get a MacBook loaded if it will work for my main work.

Thanks

mothergoose45

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I need to run it at work also. We have PC's here. I want a mac so bad. This really blows. Im not looking to get until Feb. 07'. So i need Adobe to put out a mac version. Is that my only option? A chance to get my first mac for free, now this.

mothergoose45

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
Well good news : I Hope. Wonder if speed is compromised??

September 19, 2006
Running LiveCycle Designer on a Mac and Linux
One of the most requested features that we have in the LiveCycle community is to run LiveCycle Designer on a Mac. Well, good news. You can now run LiveCycle Designer 7.1 on Intel based Macs, using CrossOver Mac from CodeWeavers. The following instructions will work with CrossOver Mac, as well as CrossOver Linux, for those of you wanting to run LiveCycle Designer on Linux.

This is completely unsupported. If you need help, please visit the Adobe LiveCycle Designer on Mac forum on adobeforums.com.

Here's how to get LiveCycle Designer on a Mac or Linux. Remember, the machine must be Intel based. No PowerPCs allowed.

Install Crossover

Download the latest version of CrossOver for Mac or Linux from the CodeWeavers site. (Free trials available for both).

Install CrossOver onto your machine following the instructions they provide.

Install Designer

Download LiveCycle Designer 7.1. Either the free trial, the standalone install CD or as part of Acrobat.
NOTE: These instructions will not work for Designer 8.0.

If CrossOver is properly installed, you should get a desktop icon or menu item available
Open up CrossOver and choose to “Install Windows Software”
Once the installation wizard opens up, check the “Install unsupported software” checkbox.

Click “Next”

Choose “Other *.exe file”, and browse to find the executable install file of Designer. This depends on what you are installing: trial, standalone or as part of Acrobat, but the file should be called setup.exe. It may be in designer/AutoPlay/cdimage/install/setup.exe

Create a new bottle using a “win2000” template

Follow the windows installation wizard for Designer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.