Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gorenut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I do graphic design and illustration work and I'm finally taking the plunge into Apple. Right now, I'm kind of conflicted on what to get. I do kind of like a smaller size (I figure work done at home will be on atleast a 19" monitor), but I think the extra performance from a MBP might benefit me more. The applications I use most frequently are Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Painter. Will I get significant performance boosts with a MBP over MB, or is just extra ram on a MB sufficient enough?

I suppose I will atleast wait out until next month to see how the new MBP is.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
My understanding is that the difference in the graphics engine of the MBP vs. the MB is nill until you start dealing with motion. So...maybe it'd make a slight difference in flash? Probably not enough to warrant the extra cost if you're basing your decision solely on the graphics difference. Of course, there's the extra screen real estate, etc. to consider as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.