Need Help on which Refurbished Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wheezy84, Jan 19, 2008.

1. wheezy84 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Just wanted to get the opinions of others on which refurbished MacBook I should get. My main use are for surfing the web, watching movies, occasional games, occasional Garageband/Reason. Should I get:

a. 2.0, 80gb, 1 Mb, 6x Superdrive-for $949

or

b. 2.16, 120gb, 1Mb, 8x Superdrive - $1099

Both are intel duo core 2. my main concern is that: is there a difference between 2.0 and 2.16 or even 2.2? Thanks in advance

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

The processor difference is meaningless. It's really a question of whether you want the larger hard drive or the extra cash.

3. wheezy84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks,

I have another question. I just bought the 2.0 model, but it only supports up to 2gb of RAM. I came across OWC and they offered a 3gb upgrade for the Macbooks that can only support up to 2gb of RAM. Has anyone done this upgrade and have you ever ran into any problems?

http://eshop.macsales.com/Reviews/Framework.cfm?page=/Tips/macbookcore23gb/macbookcore23gb.html

Any noticeable major difference between 2,3, or 4 gb of ram?

4. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Those MacBooks support 3.3gb RAM (so you _can_ put 4Gb in there, but it won't see the last 700mb or so). Whether more than 2gb is worthwhile depends on the applications you run. If you're a heavy user of Aperture or Adobe CS3 on a regular basis I'd say it was worthwhile - otherwise 2gb will be quite adequate for most folks.