Need help, phone now sluggish why ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rm2092, Apr 30, 2012.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

This morning I hit the slide lock and now there is a long pause before I get the pass code lock screen and then I was looking to turn off the pass code lock in settings and that's dragging ass also , WTF happned and the issue is only with the lock screen and settings I see so far ?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

4. macemily macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 is running really slow now. I'm not a techie person and really need some help with it. I am shutting down all the opened apps. I learned that, but it's still slow. Especially when I want to take a picture, the camera app will take forever to be ready and I will miss the scene.

5. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

6. jkeekij macrumors regular

Mine does the same as the OP's. Sometimes 5 seconds or so after sliding it actually responds. I am running iOS 5.1 on a Verizon handset.

I have never done a restore, but am about ready to try it to see if it cleans it up any.

7. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

I'm also on Verizon but I dought that would cause the problem ? My fix was reset the phone to the factory setting and just start all over from scratch and then restore the phone from iCloud and now it's fine again but I wish I knew what caused it to begin with also I do have the current software on my phone and it is not jail broke.

8. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Deleting the multitask on most apps dont help at all.
    Since they force shut down after a small period of time.

Did you try restoring it?