Need help picking a case...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Maynerd, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Maynerd macrumors regular

Yes, I know there are many threads on cases.
    Yes, I have read through them.
    There are so many options I'm overwhelmed! I can't decide what is best for me!

I'm hoping if I explain a few things that some of you can make a recommendation or narrow down the list for me.

I will primarily be carrying the iPhone in my pants pocket. This will be in standard slack type pants during work time and jeans during non working hours.

I am concerned about clothing little dirties like lint and the like sticking to the case or finding its way under the case, thereby scratching the iphone or just looking plain ol dirty when the case is clear.

I'm very open to a combination case/screen protector.

Here's how I will be using the iPhone (in order of use)
    1. Phone
    2. Internet surfing/email
    3. Music/movies
    4. Text messaging

Here is what I'm most concerned about (in order of concern)
    1. Protection
    a. Screen
    b. Case
    c. Dock Connector
    2. Useability - I want to be able to use all of the functions of the iPhone without any impediment (this really goes without saying though)
    3. Looks/size - I don't want it to be horrible looking and I don't want the case to add a lot of size to the phone
    4. Dockability - It would be nice to have a case that will allow me to connect to the standard dock or a universal dock without removal
    5. Removeablity - I don't want a case that is extremely hard to put on or take off

Thanks for your help!

2. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

I hope this helps but heres my advice.

I just got an iphone and at first I didnt want to get a case coz i thought it looks so sexy without it. But then I remembered that every phone i ever got, i have at least dropped it twice so I decided to get a case but it had to look cool otherwise it will be a slap on Ives face!

I got the VAJA iVolution TOP because unlike many other cases, it has a screen cover which was crucial for me in case i had keys or something in my pocket.

I didnt want those rubber/Silicone cases because everytime i put them in my pocket or sweatshirt, it attracted so much lint, dirt, etcetc.

I didnt get a SLIP on case because its a big hassle to have to remove the iphone from its case and then use it and then there was the risk of dropping it while you fumbled it.

So the flap case from Vaja was perfect for my needs.

Now the only down side is that the Vaja case is quite expensive meaning an alternative may be for example to get those hard clear plastic cases which can protect from impact and then use a screen protector although if u dropped your phone screen face down on, you always run the risk of something hitting the screen.

Hope that helps abit in your decision making!

3. scottsill macrumors newbie

i like this one

hey maynerd,
    i got this one. it is really thin so it's easy to keep in your pockets. and it has an attached screen protector.
    http://www.myphonecase.net